07 November 2010

Life is good at Kat's Corner.

I am having a lovely morning today.
To start with, we are on day light savings time.
We got to set the clock back last night and sleep in an extra hour this morning.
The weather is lovely and sunny outside,
but just a bit chilly (OK a lot chilly).
This wonderful old house is quite comfortable.
My trees have not quite reached this stage yet, but at least some are starting to turn.
I thought I would include this one and see if it gives mine the idea.

 I have a lovely cup of PG tips tea.
(Thank goodness for the commissary and the Internet).
Nothing beats a warm cuppa on a chilly morning.
 Unless of course, you have a Sweet Husband who makes fresh Banana bread.
This was a particularly tasty example. It was breakfast this morning.
He makes it from scratch and it is one of my favorites.
 Here is my very generous portion.
I like the crusts best.
It tastes even better than it looks.
 We spent quite a bit of time and energy last week on this.
I love a nice tall wood pile!
It makes me feel more secure.
We are putting some of that hard work to good use this morning.
Our fist fire of the season is merrily crackling away.
Warm and cozy.
Back when this house was built (around 1830), fireplaces
were the only heating option. They do a great job of it too.
Speaking of warm and cozy.
Spontaneous likes to lay in the silliest positions.
She is very cuddly this time of year, just look at that big soft belly.
I have a paper to finish for school,
I better get to it.
You know what? I don't even mind having to do homework on a day like this one.
Hope yours is as good.
Kat

7 comments:

  1. oh wow...a cuppa, some warm bread and a fire...i would never leave...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww how lovely!!! A logfire, gorgeous Spontaneous, tea and banana bread made by your sweet hubby!! Wonderful!!!!

    Enjoy your Sunday - and I do like so like it when the clocks go back!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks so good, even that sweet Spontaneous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a very cosy post! Your husband is incredible that he can make such a masterpiece.;)
    Love the picture of the woodpile, it is always so comforting to know there is enough fire wood.;))
    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Breakfast made, an extra hour in bed a cosy fire and a comfy cat. Even I could almost suffer homework after a bit of that kind of pampering........

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is snowing snowing snowing here in Saskatchewan. I would like to be cuddled up by your fire with Spontaneous and Banjo keeping me warm. Yup ~ that would be lovely! :)

    Like your new blog look Kat!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had our gas fires on this past week when it was in the 30's and 40's. I enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you think? Did you like it? I love hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Privacy Policy

Privacy Policy:

• Third party vendors, including Google, use cookies to serve ads based on a user's prior visits to this website.

• Google's use of the DoubleClick cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to blog readers based on their visit to this site and/or other sites on the Internet.

Readers may opt out of the use of the DoubleClick cookie for interest- based advertising by visiting Ads Settings and aboutads.info.