20 July 2014

Catching up, new friends, the next big project, signs of summer, the moon and breakfast.

I have some catching up to do.
My Sweet Husband has been working with 
some new friends on the next big project for the house.
Most of the windows have the original old wavy glass. They are 9 panes over 9 panes. However, some panes are broken and some have been replaced in the past with modern glass. 
Sunrise Stained Glass
Where the a special kind of magic happens. Step inside and let me introduce you to our friends.

Beverly and David Joosten
The artists and owners of Sunrise Stained Glass

Round windows
This picture shows close ups of the two windows so you can see them a little better. The next picture show how they are mounted.
This is the first stage.

 Transom on Antebellum Front Door
We brought quite a collection of antique stained glass back with us when we returned form Great Britain in 1992. 
Since then, we have hung the windows, or in case of the bigger ones, propped them up in each house we lived in.
We think this house is worthy of the windows and we found someone who can do it so here goes.
Beverly in her shop
She is standing at the end of the table in the next picture, with the Cartoon for the Gothic Window. The cartoon is the plan and pattern for the glass.
Cartoon
The brown area in the center is where our antique window will go. It will be surrounded by diamond shaped panes of clear glass and framed to fit the opening. This one will go at the top of the stairs.

Waiting for Stained Glass
This is the second floor landing where the Gothic Window will go. Note the color on the original heart pine floors.
I can't wait to see it in place. 

Heraldic Window
Once the Gothic Window is complete and in place. We plan to start on this one. It is nearly as large and will go in the library window that faces the side of the house. (The window facing the front is a Jib Window, it does not open since they put the siding on)
I will keep you posted.

Summer Super Moon
Got to love the new camera. These were taken without a tripod.
I braced myself on a pole in the yard.

Super

Summer Berries
These were in my Big Brother Pete's yard. Tasty. Ours were ready before I left but I did not get any photos this year. 
For me this is a sign of summer.

Magnolia blossom and bees
I wish I could share the lovely smell with you. These blossoms are nearly the size of my head and they smell lovely.

Summer in my garden

Wild Grapes
We are watching for these to ripen. Last year they were tasty!

Queen Anne's Lace
Another sign of summer.

English Muffin Breakfast
This is how my Sweet Husband fixes it. Starting with the top left and going clockwise; Orange Marmalade, Peanut butter and honey, Pumpkin pie (yes, really, you should try it), Lemon curd, and in the center a Sausage (vegetarian) Egg & Cheese English Muffin Sandwich. (The Pumpkin pie is of course my favorite)

I still have pictures from my trip to Utah and Idaho to post.
Cheers
Kat and Spontaneous

1 comment:

  1. My goodness, those stained glass windows are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you think? Did you like it? I love hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Privacy Policy

Privacy Policy:

• Third party vendors, including Google, use cookies to serve ads based on a user's prior visits to this website.

• Google's use of the DoubleClick cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to blog readers based on their visit to this site and/or other sites on the Internet.

Readers may opt out of the use of the DoubleClick cookie for interest- based advertising by visiting Ads Settings and aboutads.info.