11 April 2009

Wild weather,

We had quite the storm on Friday night. I was at work when they notified us that our area was under "Tornado Watch". For those of you who don't live in tornado areas, watch means that conditions are right for tornadoes to form, warning means a tornado has been spotted.
The lightning started when I was on my way home. When I pulled up in front of the house, the lightning was continuous and right on top of me! When I turned off the engine on my little Tacoma, the hair on my arms and back of my neck stood up. (Yikes!)
I sat there till it calmed a little, there was no way I was getting out of the truck in that. I wasn't really frightened, it was kind of a rush. The light show was amazing. I have seen plenty of storms before, but I had the front row seat for this one.
After a few minutes, the hair on my arms and neck relaxed and I made a run for it to the house. No sooner did I get inside the door than it cut loose. Hail started coming down like mad. (We have a metal roof so it can be noisy) poor spontaneous hid under the table. Our power flickered but came right back and stayed on. The first three photos show how torn up my big magnolia and some of my Iris got.




The next two show some of the debrie that was blown onto the steps and the porch. What a mess.







After the storm, my bees are busy.














This morning when we got up, I went out to check the damages. I took photos, (of course) my poor little pickup has several fresh dimples on the hood and my sweet heart's car has some quarter sized dings on top, none appear to have damaged paint. (I can live with dimples, paint damage causes rust). The kids car was sitting right next to them and does not appear to have any damage. The porches are a mess, but we don't have any broken glass or other major damage. This morning, all is calm, the birds are singing and the cat is once again content.
Hope your weather is good and that you are also content.
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think? Did you like it? I love hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Privacy Policy

Privacy Policy:

• Third party vendors, including Google, use cookies to serve ads based on a user's prior visits to this website.

• Google's use of the DoubleClick cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to blog readers based on their visit to this site and/or other sites on the Internet.

Readers may opt out of the use of the DoubleClick cookie for interest- based advertising by visiting Ads Settings and aboutads.info.