21 April 2009

View through someone else's eyes

We have a visitor. Our friend Dianne from Singapore is staying with us for a few days. It is wonderful to have her here. She is a sweet lady and has so many stories to tell. She is originally from the states and lives overseas now. She has traveled all over the world, yet she really seems to like our little corner. I love to read her letters and emails. Her writing is so evocative. She can describe something in just a few sentences and I feel like I know it. (I am trying to encourage her to blog!)


There were several of these dragonflies keeping us company as we walked.

This bashful guy is the first spotting of the season.



One of the great things about visitors is that you gain a new appreciation for things by looking at them through someone else’s eyes. Things I have become accustomed to and things that seem ordinary to me, take on a new life when they are shared. We went for a walk the other day (is anyone surprised?) and I found myself paying close attention so that I could show Dianne some of the treasures around us. It was a beautiful day and we took our time. Dianne spotted some flowers growing way up high in one of the trees. Glen and I had both passed them numerous times without seeing them.


Our Narcissus are at their peak. We put some in a vase for Dianne before she arrived. (They smell nice too).


Gotta love the wildflowers












Shelf fungus formed on a fallen log. Fascinating stuff. It looks a bit like sea shells. Have you ever noticed how often nature repeats patterns?

More visitors. These vultures made their appearance after the storm. I think they are under appreciated, these at least, look quite dignified.






That is all for this week. Hope you are enjoying spring!
Kat

1 comment:

  1. Kat, I so love your photos! You have inspired me to get a picture of some visitors just outside my bedroom window. A swarm of bees hanging in one of our trees!

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you think? Did you like it? I love hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Privacy Policy

Privacy Policy:

• Third party vendors, including Google, use cookies to serve ads based on a user's prior visits to this website.

• Google's use of the DoubleClick cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to blog readers based on their visit to this site and/or other sites on the Internet.

Readers may opt out of the use of the DoubleClick cookie for interest- based advertising by visiting Ads Settings and aboutads.info.