23 August 2008

August 23, 2008

I was using a larger notebook to make notes for the blog in, but my trip to Utah has convinced me that smaller is better. I picked up a small notebook today and started writing in it. A fresh notebook is always inspiring. I promised more about the trip to Utah so here it is.
The trip itself was nice. I missed my Hubby as soon as I left him to go through security. I am glad to know that I can still travel half way across the country by myself if necessary, but it is always more fun with him. He is my traveling companion.
I took some photos out the window of the airplane, this one is over Augusta. I plan on using them in a scrapbook layout with some old photos of my Dad on an airplane.
The highlight of the trip of course, was getting to spend time with my family. I really needed to

reconnect with them, I was feeling so far away. My sisters and I stayed up late and talked, then got up early and talked some more. I loved every precious minute of it. I feel closer to them both again. That makes me happy. Another thing that makes me happy is that they allowed me to share their grandchildren. I don't have any of my own yet and I am not in a hurry to do so. My Great Nieces and Nephews are a wonderful bunch of people. They all have very individual personalities and I really enjoyed getting to know them a little better. I hope they will stay in touch with me. I also got to spend some quality time with my Brother and his family. I enjoyed seeing all they have done to their home.
I don't talk about my own children, but they make me very proud. I love them like crazy!
This rose is just like some that my Mother, had in her yard. I can't get over how beautiful they are and how much they remind me of her.
The pink snap dragon and the succulents are from my Sister Margaret's garden. It is one of my favorite places to be.















This lovely moth was waiting to welcome me home.





1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of the value of reconnecting with family, even when continents have to be spanned. It's been said "How often we cheat tomorrow's memories by today's economies". So forget the expense and hit the road home...they will rejoice at seeing you. Thank's for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you think? Did you like it? I love hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Privacy Policy

Privacy Policy:

• Third party vendors, including Google, use cookies to serve ads based on a user's prior visits to this website.

• Google's use of the DoubleClick cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to blog readers based on their visit to this site and/or other sites on the Internet.

Readers may opt out of the use of the DoubleClick cookie for interest- based advertising by visiting Ads Settings and aboutads.info.