18 August 2008

The Trip to Utah

This is a panorama of the view from my big Sisters house. Ogden Utah is on the side of the mountain. Don't let the picture fool you, these are big mountains. Ogden's elevation is 4,617' (1,332m). It is a good sized city. As of the year 2000, the population was 77,226. I love to visit Ogden, it is where I grew up and I still have lots of family there. I don't however, like winter. These are the same mountains that hosted the Winter Olympics a few years ago. Brrrrr!

I didn't really go to play tourist, I went to see my family. I enjoyed every minute of it.

A couple of decades ago, my Mom came to visit us in Great Brittain. We had a butterfly bush in our yard and she was quite impressed with it. I took her to the garden center in our little village and she bought a pack of seeds. She took them home to Utah and planted them in her back yard. This is a close up of the blossoms. The butterfly's really do love it, and by the way, this bush is at least 10 feet tall now. My Mom is no longer with us, but the man who owns her house and garden now is taking good care of it. He makes tents and camping supplies. See his stuff at http://www.titaniumgoat.com/ More later.
Dinner is ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think? Did you like it? I love hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Privacy Policy

Privacy Policy:

• Third party vendors, including Google, use cookies to serve ads based on a user's prior visits to this website.

• Google's use of the DoubleClick cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to blog readers based on their visit to this site and/or other sites on the Internet.

Readers may opt out of the use of the DoubleClick cookie for interest- based advertising by visiting Ads Settings and aboutads.info.