29 June 2008

Road Trip to Grandfather Mountain


Yesterday morning, the weather here was beautiful and my Sweet Heart and I were in an outdoor mood. Since I am off work for the weekend and don't have any schoolwork due till Monday, we decided to go check out Grandfather Mountain in North Carolina. It is a bit of a drive from here but well worth it. The temperature up there was perfect and a light breeze was blowing.

It is a good thing my camera is digital. I took 112 photos! Yes, I know, that is overboard. The beauty of it is, I can load them onto my computer and look at them on the bigger screen before I have to decide if I want to keep them or not. It was difficult to decide which to share on the blog. I will scrapbook some too.

The first is the trail on the way to the swinging bridge. It looks much more difficult here than it really is. We saw people of all ages and sizes on the trail. If you wish you can drive to the top and then go on the bridge. We like the hike. The second and third are similar, I had a hard time deciding, so you get both. The third is the bridge. I am a little afraid of heights so it took bravery to get me out there. My Sweet Heart held on to me all the way.
Breakfast is ready, more later.





No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think? Did you like it? I love hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Privacy Policy

Privacy Policy:

• Third party vendors, including Google, use cookies to serve ads based on a user's prior visits to this website.

• Google's use of the DoubleClick cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to blog readers based on their visit to this site and/or other sites on the Internet.

Readers may opt out of the use of the DoubleClick cookie for interest- based advertising by visiting Ads Settings and aboutads.info.