20 May 2008

Wild flowers vs weeds


Good morning, just wanted to put up a photo. I love flowers! This is a thistle blossom. The plant is currently about 2.5 feet tall. (That is nearly a meter) My Mom would say it was a weed. If you didn't plant it on purpose or pay for it, she called it a weed. That did not stop her from appreciating them, it was just what she called them. I have quite a few weeds around here and they are beautiful.
I live in the south and the climate is great so lots of things are happy to grow. People have lived in this area for a long time. It is not unusual to find a clump of daffodils, or some other garden flower, in the woods. I can picture the grin on my Mom's face, as she pronounced them weeds. She never made it to my current home, but she would have loved it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think? Did you like it? I love hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Privacy Policy

Privacy Policy:

• Third party vendors, including Google, use cookies to serve ads based on a user's prior visits to this website.

• Google's use of the DoubleClick cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to blog readers based on their visit to this site and/or other sites on the Internet.

Readers may opt out of the use of the DoubleClick cookie for interest- based advertising by visiting Ads Settings and aboutads.info.