06 January 2012

Now what? Changes.

It has been a while since I posted.
The last few months have been quite busy.
Let me start with the beginning.
Paper White Narcissus Bulbs
I usually try to keep anything that is less than positive off this blog.
This is my happy place.
However, I need to explain a little of the bad stuff to get to the good stuff.
Paper White Narcissus 2
Several months ago, I left my job.
Finding a new job turned out to be more difficult than I expected.
In November, I finally succeeded and started in the middle of the month.
Paper White Narcissus 3
The new job requires a long commute,
and lots of changes.
Paper White Narcissus in full bloom
Now the good stuff
My new job is so very much worth it!
I am working with a bunch of great nurses who have made me feel welcome
and once again, I feel like I am doing the kind of job a nurse is supposed to do.
My Sweet Husband has been the very best support through out this whole thing.
Whether you realize it or not, your friendship and support has made it easier to get past the rough patches too.
I am still in school and my new job requires lots of hours,
but hopefully, I should be back to normal with posting from here.
Winter tree
So now for the regularly scheduled
(although a little late) post.
Christmas colored boat
Since our extended family could not make it home for Christmas,
My Sweet Husband decided we needed
a little road trip.
Kitty teapot
(It is probably a good thing this shop was closed,
I really don't need another teapot, but isn't it cute?)
We went to Savannah Georgia for Christmas eve and Christmas day.
Savannah Squirrel
Savannah's squirrels are not camera shy.
This one was having a lovely time.
This is what he was climbing in.
Savannah is roughly a four hour drive from our home,
but the climate is milder.
It is a great place for a short winter break.
Lighted Fountain in Savannah Square
Our hotel was located downtown so we were able to walk around and look at lights.
Jingle Bell Church
Savannah Unitarian Church
The song Jingle Bells, was written by the minister of this church long ago.
We attended the Christmas eve candle light service.
It was lovely, as expected.
We have been there several times before and are always welcome.

Christmas lights on another Savannah Square
We walked around before and after the service.
Christmas Eve in Savannah
More Lights








Hope your holiday was as lovely as mine.
Thanks for sticking with me.
Cheers,
Kat

6 comments:

  1. oh wow you are just full of visual goodness...love the progression shots of the flowers...the tug is really cool...and....and.....happy new year...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard such wonderful things about Savannah and your photos just add to that! Definitely must get there one of these days and spend some time with the Nikon wandering around!

    I'm glad that your new job has been a positive change even though it's a further commute to get to. Having a supportive and loving partner has got to make it a lot more bearable - especially when he takes you to such beautiful places!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back - and congratulations on the new job. I know how tough it can be......

    Seems like you both had a great Christmas - just like us.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow - what changes in your life! Glad they all worked out - especially the new job - that's just brilliant - as brilliant as your narcissus!!

    Yay for these gorgeous pics - your Christmas season looks so festive and fun! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s. hugs to beautiful Spontaneous too! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sure am glad the new job is working out, even though the commute is longer, happy is good!

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you think? Did you like it? I love hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Privacy Policy

Privacy Policy:

• Third party vendors, including Google, use cookies to serve ads based on a user's prior visits to this website.

• Google's use of the DoubleClick cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to blog readers based on their visit to this site and/or other sites on the Internet.

Readers may opt out of the use of the DoubleClick cookie for interest- based advertising by visiting Ads Settings and aboutads.info.