25 December 2010

Happy Christmas Festivities.

I have to work today.
Lucky for me, we are flexible.
We had our Christmas on Thursday and Friday.
(Why not make it two days?)
Traditions at this old antebellum include at least one game of "Dich nicht!".
As you can see, the board has been played with a few times over the years.
My Sweet Hubby's Mom was from Germany. He grew up playing this game with her.
We have the original, and think of her whenever we play.
The game is also known as Parcheesi, or Sorry, or Aggravation.
My family had aggravation, so the tradition comes from both sides.
Here is another of our favorites.
Trivial Pursuit.
We have had this version since the late 1980's and we do have one extra card set.
It is a lot of fun. Have you ever played either game?
I have to get ready to go to work.
If I don't get to distracted later, I will try to post a few more pictures.
I hope your festivities are as fun and full of love as ours were.
Merry Christmas!
Kat


1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry you have to work today - but I hope it'll be a short day and you'll get to have the evening at least or the rest of the week!! I think all of December is christmas anyway!! LOL!!

    I'm glad you got to celebrate christmas though!! Oh look at these boardgames! I love Trivial Pursuits - but I've not heard of Dich Nicht! I think it's just lovely that you have the original board that your hubby and his mum used to play with!! Fantastic!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you think? Did you like it? I love hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Privacy Policy

Privacy Policy:

• Third party vendors, including Google, use cookies to serve ads based on a user's prior visits to this website.

• Google's use of the DoubleClick cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to blog readers based on their visit to this site and/or other sites on the Internet.

Readers may opt out of the use of the DoubleClick cookie for interest- based advertising by visiting Ads Settings and aboutads.info.