20 October 2008

Monday Morning, my favorite things


A scrap booking friend recently posted the challenge to make a scrapbook page about our ten favorite things. That really got me thinking. What are my ten favorite things? It is easy to find ten things I love. It is harder to limit the list to ten things. I ruled out people and cats, they are not things. That simplified the process a little bit, but not much. I keep mentally adding to and rearranging the list.
Lets see, there is my wonderful old house. That certainly ranks high on the list. Does the list have to be only things I have now? Our garden in New Mexico was quite amazing. How about the forest around us. That isn't mine, but I love it.
Maybe I should do a separate page for
favorite places?
My little pickup ranks quite high on the list. I have a Toyota Tacoma, aka "The Silver Dragon". It is just the right size for me and has always kept me safe. It is also quite cute.

Anyone who has looked at very many of my blog postings can probably guess that my camera is a favorite thing, as well as the computer. I spend a lot of time with both. My camera goes everywhere except work.
I am a music lover so my Ipod has a place of honor on the list. Should I include favorite CD's? Nope, that quickly adds to more than 10. One of

my current favorites is "Songs from the Labyrinth" by Sting. I love it!
My teapot is another favorite. We have, as a family, more than one teapot, we drink a bit of tea. We have the large "Brown Betty" Tea pot that we brought back from Britain, as well as a few others. My favorite is a green teapot with Japanese designs. My Hubby bought it for me as a birthday gift before we were married. The original covering on the handles wore off years ago so I crocheted over the metal bases. Works like a charm. I have a lot of warm memories which include that tea pot. It is pictured with
strawberry pancakes in an earlier post.
Another love of mine is reading. I have the
same problem with books as I do with music. How can I limit my favorite books to just ten? I will add the bookcase my Father built to the list. I was four years old and I "helped". When I run my hands across the top, I can see him sanding and I remember him allowing me to sand a bit too. He showed me just how to hold the wood and the paper. Even though I was only four, my memories of this are crystal clear. Maybe that is why every edge is rounded, I like to think he enjoyed my company. To this day I love the smell of saw dust.
Another favorite thing is actually a set. It is a
Brambly Hedge cup and saucer. I know, it is a silly kid thing, but I love it. The list grows on. The lovely old clay flowerpot in the last photo that hold Aloe Vera plants is another favorite. The mushrooms are volunteers. (Of course I will be adding a fairy to the picture soon.) I guess I will have to do some more thinking. What are your ten favorite things?
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think? Did you like it? I love hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Privacy Policy

Privacy Policy:

• Third party vendors, including Google, use cookies to serve ads based on a user's prior visits to this website.

• Google's use of the DoubleClick cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to blog readers based on their visit to this site and/or other sites on the Internet.

Readers may opt out of the use of the DoubleClick cookie for interest- based advertising by visiting Ads Settings and aboutads.info.