08 September 2008

Bumper Crop



This has been a busy week. Back to school for me. I am taking two classes online from Lander University. One is a Nursing class and the other is Philosophy. This week, just like every other returning student, I had to fix my schedule (one class was cancelled), visit the financial aid office, then pick up my books and supplies. Once I accomplished all of that, it was time to start studying. Judging from the initial assignments, this is going to be an interesting semester.
Even if it gets hectic, I have promised myself that I am going to keep blogging on schedule and produce at least one artistic item each week.
This week my art project was quick and easy. Bats are lucky in some cultures and I found this lovely piece in New Orleans last spring. I purchased the beads in Ashville last week at Chevron Trading Post & Bead Co. The beads are Unakite.

This weeks title comes from our Bumper Crop of mushrooms. (I was hoping for more mushroom photos to play with!) We got some rain and all of a sudden there are mushrooms everywhere. These are some of the best shots. I have counted at least four kinds. I would not dare attempt to pick and eat. I just want photos to use in art projects for my adorable Great Nieces. They love fairies and mushrooms and fairies go great together.
The last photo is yet another example of the fact that, Mother Nature will win. In this part of the south, if you don't use it, Mother Nature will reclaim it. The photo shows what is left of an old cottage.
I am going for a walk in just a few minutes. I will take my camera. Let me know what you think of my pictures.
Kat















No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think? Did you like it? I love hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Privacy Policy

Privacy Policy:

• Third party vendors, including Google, use cookies to serve ads based on a user's prior visits to this website.

• Google's use of the DoubleClick cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to blog readers based on their visit to this site and/or other sites on the Internet.

Readers may opt out of the use of the DoubleClick cookie for interest- based advertising by visiting Ads Settings and aboutads.info.