18 August 2014

The Phone Call (Something Questionable)


Last week I got a phone call at work. It was Friday. I checked my schedule, discussed it with my boss, and went on about my business.
Over the weekend I mentioned it to my Sweet Husband and told him it was not a worry.
Tuesday night I had a little trouble sleeping.
Wednesday night was a little worse. 
Friday night I did not sleep at all.
Friday morning I went in to work, filed a report and went to my appointment. 
Let me back up a little bit here. A couple of weeks ago, I went in for my annual Mammogram. The phone call was asking me to come back for more pictures as "Something Questionable" showed up on the first set. "Something Questionable" was the phrase running through my mind repeatable all week. When I first got the phone call, the logical part of my brain was still in charge (I am a nurse after all) but the logical part of the brain is not always the loudest. I know that the odds are in my favor. I have been invited back for retakes before, but usually they check before you leave and retake them the same day so you don't have time to stew about it. "Something Questionable" made for a very long week.
The retake was quick, professional, a little uncomfortable, and just fine. 
In other words, I am fine.
Next year I will go back and do it again.
So if you are a woman over 40, get checked every 1 or 2 years (depending on your Primary Care Practitioner's recommendation). If you love a woman over 40, encourage her to get checked, and if you hear the phrase "Something Questionable", think of me, smile, go back when they ask you too, and DON'T WORRY. 

Relief!
This is me at about 15, on my cousins trampoline. 
(Jumping for Joy?) 

Kat and her Dad at an old car show
This does not really have anything to do with the post, but I just found it and I think it is pretty awesome.

I will post pictures from a mini escape next week,
See you there!
Cheers
Kat

2 comments:

  1. We are sure glad all is well and that sure had to be a bit scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool last pic of the car...
    ugh...i hate those scares...i am glad all is well
    and i am a firm believer in those check ups....

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you think? Did you like it? I love hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Privacy Policy

Privacy Policy:

• Third party vendors, including Google, use cookies to serve ads based on a user's prior visits to this website.

• Google's use of the DoubleClick cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to blog readers based on their visit to this site and/or other sites on the Internet.

Readers may opt out of the use of the DoubleClick cookie for interest- based advertising by visiting Ads Settings and aboutads.info.